Recipe Idea One – Chicken & Chorizo Pasta
As far as Cooking Activities go – this is my take on a classic pasta dish. You will notice that I don’t mention any weights or quantities as I do any of my cooking by eye and taste.
When I make this at home I have two batches on the go. One for me and MrsLemonadeKart with the extra peppers and prawn. The other for the kids with just chicken and chorizo.
I have also started to use all the Low Fat and Low Salt versions of everything since I was told my cholesterol was too high!!!
It’s very simple to do and I’d love if you gave it a go and even liked what you prepared.
Chicken Breast Fillets
Possible Addition – Tiger Prawns, peppers
- Prepare the meat firstly by cutting up the chicken and chorizo.
- Heat a pot and add in the chorizo first.
- When the chorizo oil starts to appear add in the diced chicken breast to start cooking.
- If you are going to use the prawns – add them in now.
- Add in a teaspoon of cajun spice to the chicken.
- Boil a pot of water and and add in the pasta to cook.
- Add half a container of Philadelphia cream cheese to the chicken pot and stir.
- When the pasta is almost cooked remove it from the pot and add it in with the cooked chicken and cheese sauce.
- Hold back some of the pasta water.
- Allow the pasta to cook the rest of the way in with the chicken and chorizo.
- Use some of the pasta water to moisten the sauce if it goes too dry.
At the end I always like to add in some cracked black pepper to taste and some parmesan cheese also.
It may not be the most detailed recipe you will ever get but as Chicken & Chorizo Pasta goes its delicious!
Click to go back HOME