These are 🥰 and so easy to make ♥️
*175g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
*175g butter, cubed
*25g cocoa powder
*225g caster sugar
*zest of 1 orange 🍊 optional
*100g plain flour cocoa powder or icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas mark 4. Grease the sides of the tin, and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and sift in the cocoa powder.
3.Put over a pan of gently simmering water until melted, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water, and stirring regularly. Remove the bowl from the heat.
4. In the bowl of a food processor, whisk the eggs, sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy. (Alternatively, put the ingredients in a large bowl and use an electric beater.) While continuing to whisk, add the chocolate mixture until well combined. Sift in the flour and fold in well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20–25 minutes until it is dry on top but still slightly fudgy inside. Leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack and then cut into 16 squares.
6. Dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar, if you like.