This is a good one that I was sent by Slimming World leader, Teresa O’Driscoll.
This recipe comes with a full list of ingredients and instructions on how to make it. If you get stuck you can always take a look at the YouTube video which we have embedded at the end of the post.
Happy cooking and Enjoy!
All that you will need to make it:
- 3 celery sticks, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 2 unsmoked gammon steaks, visible fat removed, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs to serve
- 1 heaped tsp Free Cajun seasoning
- 250g dried long-grain rice
- 750ml boiling chicken stock
- 400g can or carton black beans, drained
This is how you do it:
Place a large non-stick casserole pan over a medium heat. Add the celery, onion, squash, yellow peppers, gammon and 3 tbsp water and cook for 10 minutes or until the veg are beginning to soften, stirring frequently. Add a splash more water if needed. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, thyme, Cajun seasoning and rice, stir well and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil then cover, reduce the heat to very low and simmer for 12 minutes. Stir in the black beans and warm through gently. Season with freshly ground black pepper and scatter with fresh thyme sprigs to serve.
For more things to do and keep busy and active just click here – CLICKY
You can also get more information on the Slimming World website below: https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk